Hospital Price Transparency Challenge
We challenged information technology specialists to use recently released CMS hospital price data to build visualizations of the data and applications & tools that can help consumers make better decisions.
Apps & Tools Winners
- First Place: Paige Amidon, Doris Peter, Chris Baily, Kristina Mycek, Kathy Person, Patricia Ju, and Shane Shelley, Consumer Reports
- Second Plance: Arjun Ohri and Andrew Huang, ReferMe Health
- Third Place: Christina LaMontagne, Nerdwallet Health
Static Visualization Winners
- First Place: Esther Chak and Mary-Jo Valentino, "So You Need Knee Replacement Surgery"
- Second Place: Edward Kim and James Park, wHealth
- Third Place: Melvin Hill, "Hospital Prices and Consumer Assessment"
Interactive Visualization Winners
- First Place: Adam McCann, "Optimal Hospital"
- Second Place: Drake Pruitt, Mauro Brunato and Roberto Battiti, "Clinic Optimizer"
- Third Place: Sagar Sawant, "CrystalCare"
AF4Q Games to Generate Data Challenge
We challenged video game developers to leverage data from Aligning Forces for Quality, the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program, and other databases to create games that engage patients and health providers in generating new quality data.
Winners were announced at Health 2.0's fall conference.
- First Place: Edward Kim and James Park, wHealth
- Second Place: Swatee Surve, Litesprite
- Third Place: Chris Bartek, Slawdog