View the webcast from a January 20, 2010, National Press Club event at which experts from Gallup and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation presented key findings from a new study examining the views of 1,504 opinion leaders on the role nurses are playing, and should play, in our health care system.
This first-of-its-kind survey explores perceptions of nurses’ role in improving access and quality, and containing costs. The webcast includes a news conference to release findings from the study, followed by a panel discussion analyzing the findings in-depth. The featured speakers:
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, M.D., M.B.A, president and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Frank Newport, Ph.D., editor-in-chief, The Gallup Report
- Pennsylvania Gov. Edward G. Rendell
- Reed V. Tuckson, M.D., F.A.C.P., executive vice president and chief of medical affairs, UnitedHealth Group
- Gail Wilensky, Ph.D., senior fellow at Project HOPE, former administrator of the Health Care Financing Administration (now the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
- Susan Hassmiller, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., senior adviser for nursing at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (moderator)
- Patricia Gerrity, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., associate dean at the College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, director of the 11th Street Family Health Services, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N.
- Richard Hader, senior vice president and chief nursing officer at Meridian Health
Beverly Malone, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., CEO of the National League for Nursing, member of the National Advisory Council for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar program
- Mary Naylor, Ph.D., R.N., F.A.A.N., professor at the University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing, director of the NewCourtland Center for Transitions and Health, program director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Interdisciplinary Nursing Quality Research Initiative
Join the Commission on June 19, 2013 for a public meeting to raise awareness of how non-medical factors influence health and move public- an...
This is the agenda for the June 19, 2013 RWJF Commission to Build a Healthier America public meeting.
Learn how to improve care transitions and prevent avoidable hospital readmissions, and pick up nursing and medical education con-ed credits.
The RWJF Roadmaps to Health Prize honors outstanding community partnerships which are helping people live healthier lives. The six winners w...
The reconvened Commission to Build a Healthier America will provide new guidance in two key areas: early childhood and healthy communities.
Mildred Dalton Manning, the last surviving member of a group of U.S. Army and Navy nurses taken prisoner in the Philippines at the start of ...
The full list of commissioners for the re-convened Commission to Build a Healthier America, led by Mark McClellan and Alice Rivlin.
Community college students in New Mexico will be able to remain in their home communities and complete BSNs through the collaborative effort...
Pioneer Program Officer Lori Melichar discusses using social network insights to solve perplexing health and health care problems.
Public Health News Roundup: May 21
A new study in the American Journal of Public Health found that there are laws dealing with traumatic brain injuries in youth sports in 44 s...
A study finds that 96 percent of nurse practitioners and 76 percent of physicians agreed with IOM report recommendation that “nurse practiti...