The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Roadmaps to Health Prize is awarded annually to honor outstanding community efforts and partnerships that are helping people live healthier lives. Winning communities will each receive a $25,000 cash prize and have their success stories celebrated and shared broadly with the goal of raising awareness and inspiring locally-driven change across the country.
Up to six RWJF Roadmaps to Health Prize winning communities will be honored in 2014 and each will receive a no-strings-attached $25,000 cash prize.
- April 2, 2013 (1–2 p.m. ET)—Informational webinar. View the recording.
- May 23, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)—Phase I Applications (for all applicant communities) due.
- June 21, 2013—Invitations extended to select applicant communities to submit Phase II Applications.
- June 26, 2013 (2-3 p.m. ET)--Phase II Informational Webinar
- August 1, 2013 (3 p.m. ET)—Phase II Applications (for invited communities) due.
- September 30, 2013—Invitations extended to finalist communities to receive site visits.
- October 17–December 20, 2013—Site visits with finalist communities.
- First Quarter 2014—Winners notified.
- June 2014—Winners celebration event.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The RWJF Roadmaps to Health Prize is a place-based prize that honors whole communities, so community members are strongly encouraged to collaborate with one another on the application. For the purposes of this prize, “a community” must be defined as one of the following:
- Tribe or Tribal Community
- Region (such as contiguous towns, cities, or counties)
Communities will be asked to select primary and alternate contacts for their application. These individuals will indicate their organizational affiliation which could be a:
- Hospital or health care organization
- Local foundation
- Government agency or department
- Social service agency
Each applicant community will be asked to designate a local governmental or tax exempt public charity to accept the $25,000 prize on the community’s behalf, should they win.
For full eligibility and selection criteria, please read the Call for Applications.
THIS SOLICITATION CLOSED:
May 23, 2013, 3:00 p.m. ET