Frequently Asked Questions
- What are my reporting obligations to RWJF?
- How do I submit my reports and products to RWJF?
- What financial reports do I need to file?
- When and how do I revise my budget?
- What if the project changes scope or objective?
1. What are my reporting obligations to RWJF?
Grantees of RWJF are responsible for reporting to the Foundation through financial reports, narrative reports, and a bibliography. Refer to your award initial payment letter for due dates of reports. Required reporting includes:
- Narrative reports: Grantee Reporting Instructions.
- Unless you are otherwise notified, your financial reports are due 30 days after each reporting period listed on the Financial Report form.
- A bibliography (if required): Grantee Reporting Instructions. For instructions on submitting products, see RWJF Electronic Submission Standards.
- A request for an extension to your award dates, if you feel you need one: RWJF Guidelines for Extension of Award.
- A request for an extension in submitting reports or adjusting other due dates: RWJF Guidelines for Extension of Due Dates.
- A request to revise your budget, if your program changes: Budget Revision Guidelines.
- Additional reporting if you manage a national program, Summative Reporting Instructions.
- If you are a national program office, reporting instructions are available on NPONet (log into myRWJF and click the button for “NPONet” within “MyRWJF websites”). If you are a national program office of the Foundation and do not have access to NPONet, please contact us to request access.
If you have questions about RWJF’s reporting requirements, please contact us.
Grantees of a national program: These RWJF instructions are in addition to and do not replace the reporting requirements of your national program office. For information on those requirements, contact your national program office.
Email all reports and products to email@example.com and your national program office if your project is funded under a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation national program.
We ask that you submit products from your grant as soon as they are completed.
See RWJF Electronic Submission Standards for more information.
Financial Report forms are attached to your award initial payment email, subsequent payment emails, and budget revision or extension approval emails. Information regarding the specific due dates for your award was included in your award initial payment letter. Unless you are otherwise notified, your financial reports are due 30 days after each reporting period listed on the Financial Report form.
Please review Budget Revision Guidelines for complete information.
Contact your RWJF program officer if you are contemplating any changes in program scope or objectives, or your national program office if your project is funded under a RWJF national program, to determine what, if any, formal approval is required. Changes that impact the budget may require a budget revision. Please review Budget Revision Guidelines for complete information.
(Answers last updated on February 14, 2013)