The third phase of the Multi-State Learning Collaborative (MLC) is a three-year Robert Wood Johnson Foundation initiative designed to build quality improvement capacity within state and local health departments. This commentary provides a brief overview of the MLC, a methodological description of its evaluation and preliminary findings.
Major evaluation data sources include quarterly reports, surveys, case studies and key informant interviews. Preliminary survey data and quarterly reports from year one provide some early evidence that states are progressing toward MLC goals. Approximately 27 percent of local health departments in the 16 participant states report that they have begun to prepare for national accreditation and approximately 39 percent report implementation of at least one quality improvement project within the past 12 months. Ongoing data collection efforts are under way to more fully address the evaluation questions.
- 1 Quality Improvement in Public Health
- 2 Quality Improvement and Performance
- 3 Achieving a Culture of Quality Improvement
- 4 Defining Quality Improvement in Public Health
- 5 Opportunities to Advance Quality Improvement in Public Health
- 6 Supporting Public Health Departments' Quality Improvement Initiatives
- 7 The National Public Health Performance Standards
- 8 Taking Improvement Action Based on Performance Results
- 9 State Landscape in Public Health Planning and Quality Improvement
- 10 The Quality Improvement Experience in a High-Performing Local Health Department
- 11 Quality Improvement in Local Health Departments
- 12 Promoting Quality Improvement and Achieving Measurable Change
- 13 Evaluating the Multi-State Learning Collaborative
- 14 Driving Quality Improvement in Local Public Health Practice
- 15 Realizing Transformational Change Through Quality Improvement in Public Health
- 16 Quality Improvement and Accreditation
Learn how to improve care transitions and prevent avoidable hospital readmissions, and pick up nursing and medical education con-ed credits.
The RWJF Roadmaps to Health Prize honors outstanding community partnerships which are helping people live healthier lives. The six winners w...
Mildred Dalton Manning, the last surviving member of a group of U.S. Army and Navy nurses taken prisoner in the Philippines at the start of ...
Addiction by Design: Machine Gambling in Las Vegas examines the ways that the gambling industry has designed gambling machines that encourag...
Complaints about low numbers of qualified applicants are overstated. There is a large pool of qualified and talented students of diverse bac...
Today's headlines include: - CDC Issues First Comprehensive Report on Children’s Mental Health - New PSAs Help Parents Talk to Younger Kids...
A national conversation highlighting efforts to improve care transitions, reduce avoidable hospital readmissions, and lift overall quality o...
Team members, grantees, and guests discuss breakthrough ideas that will allow us to move toward solving challenges in health care.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation is working to increase awareness and understanding of the impact of ACEs and the need to develop effectiv...
One of the themes of TEDMED 2013 was the creative and thoughtful use of big data and small data to improve health and health care.
What's Next Health: Conversations with Pioneers features leading thinkers and visionaries helping us explore ideas and trends important to t...
A study finds that 96 percent of nurse practitioners and 76 percent of physicians agreed with IOM report recommendation that “nurse practiti...