This special issue of the Journal of Public Health Management & Practice (JPHMP) profiles the results of recent advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research. The issue reflects the contemporary characters of research in the field, including a broad cross section of topics, methodologies, and practical applications.
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) supports a large and growing collection of research projects that are producing a steady stream of new evidence about the organization, financing, and delivery of public health services. The 19 articles presented in this special issue of JPHMP, written by RWJF grantees, cover topics such as public health organizations, governance, financing, workforce, and decision making.
Browse Contents to read all articles.
The Journal of Public Health Management & Practice Focuses on Advances in Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 1 Advancing the Science of Delivery
- 2 Expanding Delivery System Research in Public Health Settings
- 3 Public Health Law Research: Exploring Law in Public Health Systems
- 4 Developing a Taxonomy for the Science of Improvement in Public Health
- 5 Public Health Services and Systems Research: Current State of Finance Research
- 6 Governance Typology
- 7 Diffusion of Practice-Based Research in Local Public Health
- 8 Defining Organizational Capacity for Public Health Services and Systems Research
- 9 Measuring the Authority of Local Public Health Directors in the Context of Organizational Structure
- 10 The Extent of Interorganizational Resource Sharing Among Local Health Departments
- 11 Health Districts as Quality Improvement Collaboratives and Multi-Jurisdictional Entities
- 12 Information-Seeking Behaviors and Other Factors Contributing to Successful Implementation of Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments
- 13 Assessing the Roles of Brokerage
- 14 Structural and Organizational Characteristics Associated With Performance of Essential Public Health Services in Small Jurisdictions
- 15 Assessment of Workforce Capacity for Local Health Departments in Nebraska
- 16 Topology of Local Health Officials' Advice Networks
- 17 Composition and Duties of Local Boards of Health
- 18 Local Health Departments and Specific Maternal and Child Health Expenditures
- 19 Variability in Practices for Investigation, Prevention, and Control of Communicable Diseases Among Washington State's Local Health Jurisdictions
The What's Next Health series features leading thinkers and visionaries. Stanford social scientist & innovator BJ Fogg discusses his model f...
Executive Nurse Fellow Jerry Mansfield explains why the University Hospital and the Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital do not have a BSN-only hi...
RWJF Nurse Faculty Scholar Jennifer Bellot writes about losing her grandmother to complications from a medical error.
We create new opportunities for better health by investing in health where it starts—in our homes, schools, and jobs.
When companies invest in employee wellness, it’s good for health, productivity ... and the bottom line.
Read highlights from college students’ recent trip to the front lines of health care in urban New Jersey.
NewPublicHealth spoke with the Julio Frenk, MD, MPH, PHD, Dean of the Harvard School of Public Health, about how public health has changed o...
Developing small community homes as alternatives to nursing homes, this radical, new national model for skilled nursing care returns control...
The RWJF DataHub tracks state-level data, and allows visitors to customize and visualize facts and figures.
Improved Prevention and Treatment Decrease U.S. Stroke Deaths - NHTSA Announces New Safety Efforts for Older Drivers - Poll: Parents Concern...
NewPublicHealth spoke with John Auerbach, professor at Northeastern University and the primary author of a report on the Trust, and Cheryl B...
Patrick M. Krueger recently co-authored a study that examines the characteristics and mortality risks of nondrinker subgroups to explain why...